Why Choose Harvest To Order
- The way that we source food today is not sustainable.
- There is considerable waste at the supermarkets. Up to 40% of produce will spoil before it is sold.
- Farmers are only getting 15 to 30 cents on every dollar for the produce that they sell according to the USDA.
- 16 percent of the state’s population is food insecure according to the USDA
- Its difficult to source local produce. While there is several platforms none of them are designed to build our a network.
Our platform is designed to connect farmers to their local community so they can sell to residential, food hubs, restaurants, and local grocers
Our Business Model
When farmers sell to the big grocers at best they are only receiving 30% margin on their produce, while the rest of the supply chain receives 70%. We are offering the farmers to flip that and make 70% vs 30% and help reduce the 40% waste at supper markets.
Shop fresh, shop local. Support small business.
Listing on Harvest To Order is free. Opening and running a shop on Harvest To Order is free. Setting up a group directory on Harvest To Order for your organization or regional network is free. We charge a small flat percentage from each purchase.
Read News From Our Blog
A simple outline process for a community toolbox Land Will you buy, lease, or rent your land? Starting the process involves an informal agreement
Why should you use Harvest to Order for your online shop? Harvest to Order makes it easy for farmers, co-ops, food hubs, and farmers’ markets
During these uncertain times, every small business needs to adapt to our changed circumstances so we can continue to operate our business. Three months ago